All signs point to Adelaide Riverbank
The redevelopment of the Adelaide Festival Plaza will see it become a unique world-class hub for the arts, culture, tourism and entertainment; the place to meet, relax and enjoy.
“In the meantime there will be changes to accessibility around the precinct to ensure public safety. There is clear, highly visible signage to direct people.” – Georgina Vasilevski, General Manager People & Place Management, Renewal SA
During construction works there will be access route changes to ensure public safety. A range of information and assistance is available to help people navigate the area.
- Maps and information pods are located in key locations throughout the precinct to help people find their way.
- Floor stickers point out the way to key destinations.
- Announcements have commenced on train services as well as in the Adelaide Railway Station.
- For major events, volunteers will direct people in and around Adelaide Railway Station.
- Download the free Adelaide Riverbank app to navigate around the precinct as well as receive project updates, events, activities and dining options.
Adelaide Riverbank business will remain open throughout, including in the Adelaide Railway Station.
The Riverbank Footbridge will also remain open throughout the development. A temporary pedestrian bridge located to the north of the InterContinental Adelaide will provide access to the Riverbank Footbridge and Dunstan Playhouse. However, as there will be restricted access to the Riverbank Footbridge, patrons of Adelaide Oval will be encouraged to use King William Road.
Adelaide Railway Station
The northern (Riverbank end) doors of the Adelaide Railway Station close today, 6 December, for approximately 12 months as part of the first stage of the redevelopment. The station’s two entrances at North Terrace, including the North Terrace underpass, will remain open.
Temporary changes to access will be implemented along Station Road and Festival Drive.
Festival Centre car park
The Adelaide Festival Centre car park will close from 31 December to allow for the construction of the new car park and other works. Information about special parking arrangements is available on the Adelaide Festival Centre website.